Terms and ConditionsLast Updated: 27th May 2009 at 1030hrs GMT
Description of techtinkeringTechTinkering is a website devoted to Retro Computers, Programming and Linux.
Non-exhaustive list of terms used in this document
- Terms and Conditions
- This document in its entirety, to which you must agree in order to use this website.
- This website centred around the techtinkering.com domain, and administered by vLife Systems Ltd.
- A collection of pages which you reach and access through a web browser or similar technology and is generally centred around one domain, such as techtinkering.com.
Changes to the Terms and ConditionsTechTinkering reserves the right to change or modify the terms and conditions at any time for any reason with out giving notice of any kind beyond changing the date of the Terms and Conditions on this page. Any changes or modification will be effective upon posting of the revisions and changing the date of the Terms and Conditions on this page. Your continued use of this site following the posting of its changes or modifications will constitute your acceptance of such changes or modifications. Therefore, you should frequently review the Terms and Conditions so as to understand them, and be aware of any changes.
- You are wholly responsible for all activities that you undertake while using this website.
- TechTinkering reserves the right to refuse service to anyone at any time without notice for any reason.
- You agree that you are wholly responsible for your own communications and for any consequences thereof.
- You agree that you will use the website in compliance with all applicable local, state, regional, national, and international laws, rules and regulations, including any laws regarding the transmission of data exported from your country of residence.
- You shall not, shall not agree to, and shall not authorize or encourage any third party to:
- Upload, transmit, promote or otherwise distribute any content that is unlawful, defamatory, untrue, invasive of privacy, presents a person or organisation in a false light, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, obscene, pornographic, contains viruses, contains code/files/programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy, limit the functionality of any computer software, hardware or telecommunication equipment or is otherwise objectionable as reasonably determined by TechTinkering.
- Upload, transmit or otherwise distribute content that infringes upon another party's intellectual property rights or other proprietary, contractual or fiduciary rights or obligations.
- Prevent others from using the website.
- Upload, transmit or otherwise distribute any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or other forms of solicitation or advertisement commercial or otherwise.
- Use the Service for any fraudulent or inappropriate purpose.
- Use any data from this website in any legal action, without the express written permission of TechTinkering.
- Use the Website in such a way that the website becomes interrupted, damaged or rendered less efficient or in any way impaired.
- Violation of the Terms and Conditions may lead to legal proceedings.
- TechTinkering reserves the right, but shall have no obligation, to investigate your use of the website in order to determine whether a violation of the Terms and Conditions has occurred or to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- Your use of the website is subject to your acceptance of and compliance with the entirety of the Terms and Conditions.
- You are granted a limited, non-exclusive right to create a hyperlink to the website provided such link does not portray TechTinkering or any of its products and services in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise defamatory manner. You may not use a TechTinkering logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark of TechTinkering whether registered or not to link to this site without the express written permission of TechTinkering. This limited right may be revoked at any time.
- You acknowledge and agree that TechTinkering is not responsible either directly or indirectly for any transactions you may enter into through such other websites or any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance of such websites or goods and services available on or through any such website.
- This website may contain or third parties may provide links to other websites or resources which are not under our control. You acknowledge and agree that TechTinkering does not endorse and is not responsible in any way for the contents or availibility of these links. Nor are we responsible for any content posted on these sites as a result of the services we provide, nor for the comments posted in response to the information provided.
- You agree to grant TechTinkering and its affiliates non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully sublicensable rights to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display any materials, including but not limited to questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, plans, notes, drawings, original or creative materials or other information, provided by you in the form of e-mail or submissions to TechTinkering, or postings on this site, without acknowledgment or compenstation to you. You further agree that any such materials are non-confidential. You agree that the rights you grant here are irrevocable during the entire period of protection of your intellectual property rights associated with such content and material. You agree to waive your right to be identified as the author of such content and your right to object to derogatory treatment of such content. You agree to perform all further acts necessary to perfect any of the above rights granted by you to TechTinkering, including the execution of deeds and documents, at the request of TechTinkering.
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post;
that, as at the date that the content or material is submitted to TechTinkering:
- the content and material is accurate.
- use of the content and material you supply does not breach any applicable TechTinkering terms and conditions and will not cause injury to any person or entity (including that the content or material is not defamatory and does not present a person or organisation in a false light).
- TechTinkering reserves the right and has absolute discretion, to remove, screen or edit any content and materials which you post on the website.
Disclosure of data to other usersYou accept that:
- Any submissions that you make are visible to every other user on this website.
- Your submissions will display your name and website url if you have entered them while making a submission.
- If you have a Gravatar this will be displayed next to your submissions. If you don't have a Gravatar then a picture will automatically be generated from your email address or a default picture will be displayed.
PrivacyTechTinkering understands that privacy is important to you and will not share your data with any third parties with the following exceptions. You agree that:
- TechTinkering may monitor, edit or disclose your personal information, including the content of your emails, if required to do so in order to comply with any valid legal process or governmental request (such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, or court order), or as otherwise provided in these terms and conditions.
- Personal information collected by TechTinkering may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom and any other country in which TechTinkering or its associated company may be operating.
- Your data may be stored and processed on servers anywhere in the world that TechTinkering or its associated company use for hosting and administering this website.
- TechTinkering can contact you, using the email address that you have provided, for any reasonable administrative purposes.
- In the event that TechTinkering is sold, it can be sold complete with the associated user data.
Techtinkering is a participant in the Amazon Europe S.à r.l. Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk.
- TechTinkering is provided on an 'as is' basis and does not guarantee that the website will be available or suitable for your purposes and requirements.
- TechTinkering is provided on an 'as available' basis and will not be liable for the availability, timeliness and reliability of the website. Further to this TechTinkering will not be liable for any scheduled or non-scheduled interruptions of the website.
- TechTinkering disclaims all responsibility for the security of the website and data held on it.
- TechTinkering disclaims all responsibility for any material and/or information downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of this website which is to be used at you own discretion and that you will be soley responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data.
- TechTinkering disclaims all responsibility for any viruses, corrupt files, or anything else with contaminating or destructive properties that may attack your computer or appear on your computer through your use of this website, websites connected with it, or external websites linked to through this website.
- TechTinkering does not guarantee the accuracy nor completeness of any information contained on the website nor that the website will be error free.
- TechTinkering is not responsibile for any transactions you may enter into through or after using this website.
- TechTinkering does not endorse and is not liable for any reviews, statements, representations, or content provided by its users. It displays them without prejudice and without malice using a semi-automated process.
- TechTinkering hereby excludes liability for any claim, loss, demand or damage of any kind whatsoever, whether accidental, indirect, incidental or consequential with respect to the website and information on it.
IndemnityYou agree to indemnify TechTinkering, and hold it and its associated company and employees harmless against any liabilities, losses, or expenses incurred by TechTinkering and/or its associated company and employees however arising from or in any way related to your use of the website.
Giving Notice of Defamatory materialTechTinkering accepts and displays content using a semi-automated process. It would not be possible for us to check all the content that we display. We therefore have a system of reporting for problematic items on the website. You can give us notice via Email: Click to get email address.
Whichever way you give us notice, please let us know the following:
- What words you believe to be defamatory.
- The URL on this website where those words are located.
- Why you believe the words to be defamatory.
- Why you believe the words to be untrue.
Once we have received your notice we will make all reasonable endeavours to remove the defamatory content complained about within a reasonable time.
AdministrationTechTinkering is owned and administered by vLife Systems Ltd, who can be contacted from their website.
Any notice required to be given under these Terms and Conditions will be in writing and in English and must be sent by you to TechTinkering via Email: Click to get email address.